PG Legal focuses strongly on energy and gas as they represent a core sector of the Italian and global economy. In particular, we specialize in energy from renewable resources, such as wind, solar and biomass, as well as energy trading.
We provide our clients with specialized legal advice throughout the numerous stages of energy facility development and construction, including:
- advice on Italian law relative to the development, construction, and implementation of an energy plant;
- assistance in negotiations with public authorities (Ministry of Industry, Local Municipalities, Regional Governments);
- due diligence on documentation provided by potential development partners to a renewable energy project;
- advice on the choice of the possible public (i.e., State or Regional finance) or private financing for the development of the project and assistance in the negotiation and drafting of all necessary legal documents;
- assistance in the negotiations and drafting of legal documents regarding contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, and real estate development rights;
- advice on Italian labor and tax law;
- assisting banks in the refinancing procedure of a Solar PV installation;
- assisting investors in the acquisition of a Solar PV portfolio;
- assisting clients in the negotiation of a project development contract regarding the development and construction of PV power plants in Southern Italy;
- assisting clients in a dispute related to D&O liabilities brought with regard to the management of a company operating renewable energy facilities
Our work with the energy industry has included advising leading Danish and German wind turbine manufacturers on joint ventures in Italy; representing a number of German and Danish wind turbine manufacturers and developers in relation to wind energy projects in Italy; assisting Italian companies in the development of solar energy projects; advising and negotiating on contractual issues in connection with the construction of incinerators that generate energy from waste; advising energy trading firms on Italian legal aspects of energy derivatives trading; advising a foreign energy exchange for recognition in Italy.
PG Legal is among the few Italian firms that specialize in energy law and that understand the needs of energy companies.
Our Energy Team meets with our clients, or potential clients, as early as the business planning phases and helps them comprehend the legal framework they will be operating in. This is why we are more than just a law firm for our clients.
For further information on energy and environmental issues in Italy, please contact us.