PG Legal’s Information Technology and Communication team works in close collaboration with its clients to explore, evaluate, and assess the opportunities, risks, and costs associated with their proposed business activities.
The approach of our ITC practice is to assist our clients in clarifying business objectives, creating possible strategies for achieving those objectives and defining a project plan for the development and implementation of the business. To this end, we conduct a preliminary comparative analysis of European countries to determine the most advantageous markets for the sale of the company’s product line and the best location for the e-Business from both a legal and commercial perspective.
Our expertise extends to all areas of information technologies and communications, including, B2B, B2C, e-procurement, software/hardware development agreements, outsourcing, and telecommunications. The members of PG Legal’s ITC Team are regularly invited as speakers at conferences and seminars addressing legal issues related to the Internet, telecommunications and new technologies and have acquired throughout the years’ significant experience in the fields of data processing and IT safety issues.
Examples of work:
- advise insurance companies in relation to the implementation of online sales of insurance products
- assist a major pharmaceutical company with the realization of a pan-European portal dedicated to the sale of nutritional supplements
- advise a European bank on the implementation of its online trading site
- assist numerous Italian internet start-ups, as well as foreign companies that establish web sites aimed at Italian customers
- drafting and negotiating complex outsourcing agreements between software developers and, by way of example, insurance companies, banks, travel agents, airlines
- advise Italian and foreign companies engaged in the development and production of software and hardware, including drafting software and hardware, including drafting software license agreements, terms, and conditions, warranties
- compliance by businesses and multinational companies with the laws on personal data processing and coordination of pan-European and international projects
- advise on IT safety matters
- provide communications companies, banks, investment groups, and foreign law firms legal advice on a regular basis on matters of Italian telecommunications law
- advise a US company to obtain a license for the provision of datalink services for airlines and airport control authorities in Italy
- advise a US company in connection with the provision of datalink services for airlines and airport control authorities in Italy
For further information on IT & Communication issues, please contact us at email@example.com